Friday, March 26, 2010

Basic Pancakes


I've been on spring break the past week and when I'm not required to awaken at the buttcrack of dawn, I enjoy brushing up on my semiotics and winning countless arguments spending the extra time making lavish breakfasts for myself and others. Normally I make Skinny Bitch pancakes and serve with a massive tofu scramble (avec facon perhaps?), but I was spending time away from my flat and didn't have the resources. I'm sharing with you the most basic pancake recipe I know...I actually have it memorized. I ate my pancakes in the Adirondacks, what a treat!

Basic Pancakes
-1 cup flour
-1 Tbsp.sugar
-2 Tbsp. baking powder
-pinch of salt
-1 cup soy milk
-2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
-1 tsp. vanilla

  • Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in bowl, mix thoroughly
  • Mix in soy milk, oil, and vanilla. Beat until batter is smooth.
  • Measure desired amount of batter onto hot, oiled, griddle. When the upper surface of the pancake starts bubbling it's time to flip! Cook both sides evenly
  • Serve with desired topping.

These pancakes are so light, fluffy and tasty I can resort to tearing into them with my hands and devouring them without any topping at all!



This is a snapshot of the Kombucha and vegan chocolate chip cookie I scored at Four Seasons Natural Foods in Saratoga. Saratoga had a Chipotle too...mega score!


No comments:

Post a Comment