Monday, February 15, 2010

I finally went grocery shopping on Friday after living off of stuffed peppers and the last of my Trader Joe's reserves. Because my mum was so thoughtful and sent me a HUGE box of oranges and grapefruit from back home, I didn't have to buy much produce. Thanks mum! I'm still trying to get her to send me a box of avocados and lemons, but that is not working out so well. I picked up these lovely raviolis by Soyboy during my shopping venture, but when I went make them I realized I forgot pasta sauce! So I basically pulled a sauce recipe out of nowhere and it actually turned out decent. Being a Food Network junkie in high school probably helped. I let my roommate sample a spoonful and she ended up eating the leftovers with her pasta today.

Sauce consisted of:
-tomato paste
-a couple of diced tomatos
-salt
-pepper
-onion
-garlic
-italian seasoning
-nutritional yeast
(and then of course I dummped loads of hot sauce in it once it was on my plate.)

Last night I rocked a spicy chik'n hummus wrap.

Wrap break down = jalapeno hummus, boca spicy chik'n patty, vegan gourmet nacho cheese, avocado, lettuce, tomato, alfalfa sprouts, mustard, and hot sauce. Sadly I had to use store bought hummus because some one has borrowed our blender and hasn't returned it. Yeah, college students make hummus in blenders.

And finally this evening I tossed together a super lazy easy curry and cous cous. Pictured here are the leftovers.


I should have picked out a spicier curry simmer sauce because this medium curry didn't cut it for me. Simmer sauces are lovely because you don't have to do any work other then tossing in assorted ingredients. My curry contained onions, mushrooms, precooked lentils, tofu, and cilantro. Dinner took a grand total of maybe ten minutes, awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment