Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My triumphant return to...well, life.

I realize I took a ridiculously long hiatus from the food blogging world, but hey existential crises real life happens. I finished school and am now back home waiting my job situation to sort itself out. I am so grateful for the full fridge and pantry that greet me every morning! Of course the second day or so I was home we went straight to Trader Joe's and Sprouts. I've eaten at one of my favourite veggie restaurant twice, tested out the newly veganized frappachino , and found a less corporate place to enjoy my coffee. I'm also enjoying the loads of vitamin D I was missing in New York. I get tan just from riding in the car!

This morning I was out of the Greens Plus bars that I normally eat for breakfast so I made Skinny Bitch pancakes instead. I added one cup of blueberries to the batter and they ended up being sort of mutant pancakes!

Pancake batter BEFORE

Pancake batter AFTER
See, what did I tell you? MUTANT! My mistake was adding frozen blueberries. My mother is very frugal and thus will not buy any fruit out of season so I had to settle for frozen blueberries. When they thawed I forgot to strain them and so allllllll of the blueberry juice went into the batter :(


They ended up being quite delicious though. I ate them exactly as they are pictured above; without syrup or silverware (and yes, my mother's place mats make me feel like I am twelve) . They were that good! I just wish I had someone to share them with.

No comments:

Post a Comment